18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
The same story can be found in Matt 19 v 16 – 29; Mark 10 v 17 – 30
As Part 1 of the Supernatural series, I’ve chosen this passage of scripture to start prodding your Spirit. Many times when we read the Bible, it is treated as a prescribed reading book at school. I read what I need to enabling me to answer the test /exam questions that follow. Please read the passage with the following intent in your heart: “Holy Spirit, please show me during the next month what my attitude towards money, riches and giving is”
The 1st points I would like you to consider is:
- If I was the rich young ruler, would I have gone and sold all my possessions and given the money to the poor. How easy would it have been for me to obey Jesus command, or would I have become sorrowful.
Some other points of consideration:
- How do I feel and respond when someone around me is blessed.
- When I need something, is my first thought “Oh no, now I have to spend more money”
- When someone asks for something, what is your first thought.
- Have you ever looked at something that you have needed and wanted, but in your heart accepted the fact that you will never have it.
- How do you feel about giving to a beggar, to an orphanage, to a church, to individuals.
- Have you ever confessed “money does not grow on trees”.
- Do you go to work only so that you can earn a salary at the end of the month.
- Would you get up in the morning and go to work if no one paid you.
- Have you ever received any money over and above your paycheck.
- Are you a cheerful giver.
- In your heart, if I gave you a million rand cheque today, would your 1st response be that all your problems are now solved.
- What one thing in your life do you need right now that would solve all or most of your problems.
- How much seed do I really have in the ground.
- If I have an unexpected expense, do I trust God to provide.
- Have I ever done spiritual warfare to claim back what the devil has stolen from me.
- Do I know what the devil has stolen from me.
These points may seem strange and somehow not connected at all to the supernatural. But I have my perspective on the supernatural which does not include some of the standard “supernatural” ideas. I am going to be posting a couple of thought provoking posts to encourage the beautiful believers reading these posts to just start a different thought pattern. The Holy Spirit takes you on a wonderful journey once you open your spirit for instruction and education by the Holy Spirit. Everybody’s journey is different. Revelations are not the same. We all have them at different times regarding different topics resulting in different outcomes. But it is the same Holy Spirit, it is us that are different, not the Holy Spirit.
To me the supernatural is not about finance, but we as people only consider been blessed when we receive money. By the end of the series, I will bring the “money” into context into the supernatural – in the context that I see it. I will be dealing with various issues such as justice, healing, education, government, churches and employment. I will be taking each issue and sharing my supernatural theories.
24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.